Guelph Business Machines Ltd. is a full service office products retailer, providing office equipment and office furniture in Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, and the surrounding areas. We were founded in 1966 and during our time in business, we have experienced many “firsts” in the industry. We were the first to introduce and service the electronic calculator and Olympia electronic typewriters. We maintain our market position by staying up-to-date with the latest technology of value to our customers and back it with our proven long-standing commitment to service.
Click below for our current employment opportunities!
Guelph Business Machines LTD., a leading Office Equipment provider in the Guelph and surrounding area, is searching for an ambitious and talented Sales Representative to join our team full time.
At Guelph Business Machines LTD., our Sales Representatives are masters of new business acquisition. In this role, you’ll be responsible for bringing new clients for Guelph Business Machines LTD.. This role is perfect for a proven sales professional looking to join a passionate team.
The day to day:
- Qualify new prospects through phone calls
- Cold calling and lead generation
- Deliver the Guelph Business Machines LTD. value proposition to prospects in person, over the phone, and via email
- Solution sell to new prospects with our range of copiers, furniture, and phone systems
- Be the master of your sales cycle from start to finish
- Manage communication with prospects across Ontario
- Execute deals to meet and exceed monthly targets
- Work in an open-concept office as part of our Sales team
- Participate in a weekly Sales/Pipeline review
- Minimum 1-year sales background or sales internship
- Track record of success with a short or long sales cycle
- Proven cold calling experience and high energy level
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Superior customer service skills as well as professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent relationship management and credibility building skills
- Strategic/creative thinker
- Results-oriented salesperson
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- A strong team approach to business
Compensation: Base + Uncapped Commission Plan
Why work with us?
- Value-driven culture of smart people working together to build great solutions for our customers
- Employer paid health and dental benefits
We thank all applicants who express an interest. Unfortunately, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for this opportunity.
Job Types: full-time, commission, permanent
A sales territory opened with the retiring of one of our long-term salespeople. We are currently looking for a seasoned equipment sales representative. This role builds upon the skills and expertise from the general sales representative role with previous experience specific to selling printer/scanner/copier equipment.
The new candidate will be looking after a defined sales territory with-in a 100 km radius of our office.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Customer service skills to service the accounts and create relations and solutions to improve the customers business environment.
- Time manage skills to independently manage the territory and manage the opportunities that surface from the territory
- Math skills – understanding the math basics to write spreadsheets
- Network / Printing / Scanning knowledge at least enough knowledge to hold an accurate conversation
- Canon equipment knowledge -important but training is available if the balance of the candidate’s skill set is strong
We are a long-term company that has been in the service business in this territory for over 50 years.
This territory is familiar with Guelph Business Machines LTD. The new Representative shall develop new accounts within the territory.
Referrals and Renewals benefits would be available to the successful candidate providing a much- needed base to build upon.
The Canon product line has many opportunities. It starts with the small medium office solutions. But this is just the start. As a seasoned representative the possibilities are endless. Canon products are designed to fit into the highest demanding, highest quality accounts. Do your homework and you will find that this a not just a sales opportunity but a career with limitless revenue potential.